Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Less than 48 hrs.....

Well I don't have much to report.  At my dr. appt. last Friday I wasn't even dialated.  I have less than 48 hours until I deliver this sweet boy.  Last Saturday my IM and me had a spa day complete w/ manis, pedis, facials and massages.  I think I went to heaven and back that day...it was amazing!!! Sadly, we both forgot to take pics!! Dang it, but it was amazing.  Tomorrow my mom arrives at 2:30 and then we are all going out for dinner for my "last meal" and then will be at the hospital at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning.  I can't believe this journey has almost come to an end.  It has been so amazing and I seriously have the best IPs hands down!!!  I'm sure a few of you other surros would think those are fighting words....but seriously I have been so blessed to help such an awesome couple.  I cannot wait to meet this lil man....he will be so loved.  I'm working until tomorrow at noon and then will be off for 5-6 weeks...which will be so nice!!!!  My dr. has a strict 6 week policy after a c-section and as much convincing (or as little) I did that I could go back before then, I don't think she's going to release me.    I just reread this and think I'm rambling, but I have so many emotions right now...happy, sad, excited, anxious, wondering the "what ifs", contemplating how I will feel when I get home and I seriously haven't slept good in days....so sorry if I don't make sense.  I will leave you with these pics from work today and a girl at work thought it would be fun to take them in heels.  LOL  So no, I didn't actually wear these to work, my heel days have been over since about 35 weeks, but here you go.  I will report back after the birth.  Thanks to all my fellow surros and followers who have followed this journey.  I have "met" some awesome people thru this blog and one in particular who I've met in person is Krystal and I'm so thankful for her support and friendship.  Can't wait to be with her thru her journey. Until next time...here you go


9 comments:

Jennifer said...

You look awesome! I can't wait to hear your birth story too! I'm filled with so many emotions too, and just can't find the right words! Good Luck Friday and I'll be praying for you all. Jennifer

Andrea said...

Man o' man, Darlin'. I can't believe you'll be delivering in less than 48 hours. I am so excited and happy for you and your IPs. I can't wait to read your amazing birth story complete with pictures!! It has been a true pleasure following your journey and becoming friends through our FB group. Cheers to YOU my suro-sister!! <3 ya babe! <3

A womb for rent said...

You look so cute! How are you balancing in those shoes? I am so excited for you, my thoughts and prayers are with you and the IP's. You are going to have such an amazing experience in the next few days.

Ashley said...

I got butterflies in my tummy when I read this!! I'm so excited for you. Wow, this really has gone by so fast and I am so glad you had a perfect journey. And I can't believe you are working up until the day before delivery!!! Good luck and we all will be impatiently waiting for an update.

Jeff and Kevin said...

You do look fantastic. We'll all be thinking about you on Friday!
K

momof4 said...

So excited for Friday! I can only imagine how excited you all are:) I'll be waiting for pictures and delivery stories!! Love ya girl:)

Anonymous said...

so exciting that he's alomst here! can't wait for pictures! being 8 days postpartum i will tell you it's heavenly sleeping more than 2-3 hours at a time and not having to get up and pee or eat!!! :)

Krystal said...

I LOVE the heels!! :-) You are just so cute! And your such a sweetheart, I'm glad that we are building a friendship and look forward to many more years of friendship to come!
I can only imagine the emotions that are running through you right now. I got anxious just reading about it, lol. Of course, I'd love to come visit you tmmrw, if that's ok. TTYL!

Anonymous said...

Wow how exciting that you will soon get to see your IP's meet their new baby. Being that I'm still in the contracting phase... it seems so far off! Good luck to you!